Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ESG - pre race

The Empire State Games are an Olympic-style event where they divide the state of New York into geographic sections and pit the best athletes in many different sports against eachother. By "best" I mean the best of those who try out for the games.

I was the race director for our qualifying race (Central Region) and we had pretty poor turnout. Hence, I decided it was time to step up to the plate and try out for it myself. And, after a most difficult process of getting my ass handed to me (on a fourth consecutive day of racing) I made the team


by default




NASA Guy: [Barney runs off drunk and wastes his chance at being an astronaut] Well, Homer, I guess that makes you the winner by default...
Homer: Default? The two sweetest words in the English language! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! De-FAULT!
NASA Assistant: [clubs Homer with a police sap]
NASA Guy: Where'd you get that thing?
NASA Assistant: Sent away.


tomorrow is stage one...10 mile time trial on Grand Island. Not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

Jay Joslyn will be there, Mr. 52 minute 40k. He LIVES on Grand Island. Home court advantage anyone?


AW



No comments:

Post a Comment